A Small Firm With A
- Managing Partner
- Oil and Gas
Board Certified in Oil, Gas and Mineral Law
Raised in Midland, Texas, Michael grew up in the thick of the oil and gas business. Michael received a Bachelor of Science in Computer Science from the Engineering Department at Texas Tech University (May 2000) and received his Juris Doctorate from Texas Wesleyan University School of Law (now Texas A&M School of Law)(May 2009).
Michael has been involved with nearly all aspects of the oil and gas industry including preparing Oil and Gas Title Opinions including Drilling Opinions, Division Order Title Opinions, Leasehold Opinions, Acquisition Opinions, and other opinions related to oil and gas title matters, negotiating leases, seismic agreements, exploration agreements, drilling contracts, joint operating agreements, participation agreements, oil and gas purchase and sales contracts, natural gas transportation agreements, gas processing agreements, pooling and unitization agreements.
Michael dedicates a good majority of his practice to oil and gas, but he is very versed in nearly all commercial and business law affairs. Additionally, Michael handles dozens of business formations each year and acts as counsel for individuals in their estate planning needs.
Michael was named as a 40-Under-40 Honoree by the Fort Worth Business Press. Michael was selected as a 2018 Rising Star by Texas Super Lawyers (Thomson Reuters), and he was selected as a Top Attorney in Fort Worth, Texas Magazine for Oil and Gas in 2013 and 2015 through 2018. He is a member of the Midland and Tarrant County Bar Association and their Energy Sections. Michael is licensed to practice law in the States of Texas, Oklahoma, and New Mexico.
Michael is a former big brother in the Big Brothers Big Sisters of Texas and currently is a board member of the Midland Habitat for Humanity.
- Texas A&M University School of Law (formerly Texas Wesleyan University School of Law), Fort Worth, Texas
- Juris Doctorate - 05/2009
- Texas Tech University
- B.S., Bachelor of Science - 05/2000
- Major: Computer Science
- New Mexico
- Midland County Bar Association, Member
- Tarrant County Bar Association, Member
- 40-Under-40 Honoree by the Fort Worth Business Press
- 2018 Rising Star by Texas Super Lawyers (Thomson Reuters)
- Top Attorney in Fort Worth, Texas Magazine for Oil and Gas in 2013 and 2015 through 2018
- Big Brothers Big Sisters of Texas
- Board Member of the Midland Habitat for Humanity
Certified Legal Specialties
- Board Certified in Oil, Gas and Mineral Law